There are many cat insurance formulas through intermediate offers, from basic contracts to the highest end ones.
It consists of multiple warranties, conditions, and options that are taken out to protect the health of the animal and benefit from a full or partial refund of the veterinary’s expenses and are freely enforced by the insurance company. Some of them are especially deductible. This is the balance payable by the animal owner and cannot be refunded to him. To limit these deductions, there are non-deductible contracts offered by certain insurance companies.
Why do you buy such cat insurance? What is a franchise? How is it applied? How to choose a contract without it? Let’s take a look at this case.
Cat insurance: What can I deduct?
The deduction is the amount that the pet insurance company is more or less fully reimbursed for if the cat owner bears the cost of the animal’s health. Therefore, it is the total amount deducted from the amount the insurance company will refund to the master.
The deduction amount is applied by the insurance company to prevent the risk of exceptional refunds, but it is also applied to prevent certain owners from increasing their small refund requests.
The deduction target can be expressed as follows.
- In euros, in the form of a fixed amount, the amount is defined in the contract.
- As a percentage applied to the amount of care, that percentage is defined in the contract.
For most contracts, you need to know that the deductions evolve over the years, that is, with the aging of the animal. Indeed, the older the cat, the greater the risk of illness and the greater the cost and need for reimbursement of the veterinarian.
This deduction, which is the responsibility of the cat’s owner, can be modified in two different ways: once a year or for each act of care.
Application form for each act to be refunded
In this context, during each request for a refund of the veterinary procedure to his insurance company, the master is eligible for a deduction in percentage or euro.
For example, if the act is charged at 90 euros and is fully covered, the deductible application is 30% deductible to the owner (ie 27 euros deductible) and 63 euros or 20 euros deductible. This means that 70 euros will be refunded.
Annual application for first refund
In this case, the amount set for deduction at the time of the first redemption request for the year will be deducted from the amount to be repaid.
For example, if you exceed € 100 per year, this amount will be deducted from your first refund. If the first care act is € 150, the owner will only receive a refund of € 50 and will not have to pay the deduction for the next act until the end of the year. If the cost of the first act is only € 80, he will not receive a refund for it and the refund for the next act will be deducted from € 20.
Why buy cat insurance without deductions?
As you can see, deductible applications do not benefit from a full refund of cat veterinary care. Depending on the formula used by the insurance company, the deduction amount may apply to each procedure or initial refund. When insurers protect themselves in this way, many insurers may benefit from more effective and more economical compensation because contracts with deductibles are generally cheaper for cat owners. I insist that I can.
However, insurance policy deductions will force you to take part in veterinary care for your animal, even if you have a 100% contract. Therefore, it is generally very advantageous to choose a non-deductible insurance policy for many reasons.
- For cats that require frequent care, the deduction will significantly reduce the amount refunded to the owner.
- Better care allows cat owners to realize real savings in terms of veterinary costs.
- More refunds provide more incentives for cat owners to consult a veterinarian in case of doubt, which further contributes to maintaining the health of their animals.
- The deductible amount will increase over the years to compensate for the increasing age of Tomcat. Therefore, the longer the years and the less important the coverage of care, the more issues it does not apply to non-deductible contracts.
- With each veterinary visit, the risk covered by the contract will be fully refunded to the cat owner. This allows the owner to know in advance the amount of money that is eligible.
However, keep in mind that non-deductible cat insurance policies cost more than deductible contracts. As a result, if the cat is young and healthy, it may be wise to choose an intermediate formula that can be deducted in euros for the first redemption. What can be deducted as a percentage is not generally advantageous.
Anyway, take the time to compare the offers of professional insurance companies before committing. If a non-deductible cat insurance policy seems to be the most advantageous as it allows for better care repayment, it can sometimes be more expensive overall.
Compare the general terms and prices of the offer with an equivalent guarantee. Compare all the important factors to make sure you are the winner.
How do I get cat insurance without deductions?
It’s a good idea to compare offers from several brands to find the right non-deductible cat insurance policy. To do this, you can use an online comparator, a free, non-binding, fast and efficient tool. This allows you to quickly receive several offers to meet your needs from different service providers.
Next, all you have to do is request a detailed quote of what you are likely to be interested in and compare them.
Non-deductible cat insurance policies have three levels of coverage:
- Basic formulaIt’s economical and has low coverage (50% to 70%), but it’s also cheap because it costs an average of 5 to 12 euros a month.
- Intermediate formulaIt is more suitable for most Tom Cat needs and is as high as about 10 to 30 euros per month, depending on the warranty selected, but more protective (70% to 90%).
- Premium formula,top quality. It usually fluctuates from € 30 to € 50 or more per month, so 90% to 100% of the amount of related care can be covered at a much higher price.
Anyway, for the same reason, compare many contracts with equal guarantees to avoid unpleasant surprises and study all the elements before committing. Indeed, some contracts may look attractive on paper and may prove to be too little protected or much more expensive than expected to be implemented once.